Friday, May 19, 2017

What I will (and won't) miss...

Things that are going to be hard to not have next year:

* Affection and compliments from students. There is always two or three students have year that lavish me with daily compliments, cards, pictures, hugs, etc. I am really going to miss feeling so loved everyday.

* Funny stories. At least one thing happens daily at school that leaves me speechless and left with a funny story. Their witty remarks, hilarious perceptions, awkward spellings, etc. I am going to miss the entertainment that these eight year olds give me!

* Time in the car alone. I don't live far from work, but I do cherish the few moments I get alone every day in the car. To think, sing, whatever. I don't know if I am 100% ready to be with Bennett all day, every day.

Things I am definitely NOT going to miss next year:

* Rushed mornings. I hate waking up before the sun every day to get dressed, ready, wake up Bennett, quickly feed him something, and rushing out the door to be to school by 7:30. I am looking forward to no waking up to an alarm clock and actually enjoying a breakfast together.

* The fast pace of Billings. People are always in a hurry and are (in general) not the friendlist.

* Having no window or sunlight all day. I am excited to see outside (whether it be sunny or snowing)
 ALL. DAY. LONG.

* Working in an over-critical, micro-managed, cliquey environment. On my last day, I know a huge wave of relief will wash over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment